My blog’s name, Little Noticings, is meant to represent that I want to remember & record the little things I notice – the small stuff that is lovely & beautiful, but the same stuff that people sometimes forget to find the joy in.
Recently, I’ve been forming a list in my mind of the things I hope I never get used to. The little stuff, you know? I want to remember why these things bring me excitement, smiles, gratefulness, and reasons to love life & others.
- The sound & smell rain makes during the summer.
- Cafés. The food, people, atmosphere, coffee, and tea. The smells.
- Swishy & twirly skirts that are fun to wear.
- My freckles.
- The fact that Jay is in love with me… I can’t imagine ever being used to this. I’m always surprised that someone can love me so much.
- A newly-made bed.
- Pocket change.
- Mason Jars.
- My home.
- How it feels when a little child holds your hand.
- Clean baby smell.
- That look you give your best friend, and they know exactly what you’re thinking.
- Beautifully sung low notes.
- The delicacy of feathers.
- Birds chirping – especially right after a rain, or at night.
- Finding the big dipper.
- Reading God’s word.
- Allowing Christ to change your heart.
- Sun showers.
- The first time you can go barefoot that year.
- When you have to wear a jacket for the first time after months of summertime warmth.
- The way it feels when skinny jeans bunch up at the ankles.
- Reading a Bible passage you’re familiar with, and all of a sudden being struck by it in a brand new way.
- The look in Jay’s eyes that say to me, “I love you so much.”
- Gifts. Especially handmade ones.
- A perfect cup of Scottish breakfast tea, with milk & sugar.
- Being home alone.
… That’s only the beginning. However, this post would be miles long if I don’t stop now :). I would love some input – what are little things that you hope to never tire of, or get used to? Comment away, Readers :).
In, through, and because of Christ,